If you are a May grad – don’t despair!! With only one month away, NOW is a great time to get all of your materials ready. Heck, you can even apply for jobs as you wait to graduate in May. Get in a state of readiness to be ready to kick ass in the job search. Checklist:
- Do you have a website?
- Is it focused, clean and includes your best work ( not throwing everything including the kitchen sink in there)
- Have you updated your resume?
- Had a friend check it over?
- Is it designed well and include actionable information?
- Double checked your spelling and grammar?
- Online Presence:
- Have you updated your LinkedIn profile?
- Ensured you’ve connected with those that you know?
- Do you have a professional headshot
- Recent work:
- Do you have samples of recent work you can be sure to share?
- Is your recent work focused on the opportunities you’re seeking out?
- Have you reached out to network with folks?
- Have you scheduled informational interviews?
Yes, you’ve completed your checklist? Awesome! Now is the time for action!