A Recent Grad
So you graduated – Congratulations! You’ve accomplished something major and you should be very proud. It’s only the beginning! Now for the exciting work of continuing to learn and getting your first job!
If you already have a job but don’t love it, don’t despair. You have many options too, and I’m here to help.
HOW TO KICK ASS IF YOU’RE A RECENT GRAD:
1. Figure out where you want to live. You may have to make a leap of faith and move there in order to get a job. It’s much easier to be living in the place you’re looking.
2. Be willing to just get started. You might need to temp for a while until you land on your feet.
3. Network like hell to make connections. Connections lead to job leads.
4. Get a job. It’s that obvious is it? Let me help you do this. We’ve got this.
5. If you can’t get a job right away, be open to finding an internship opportunity. It’s a foot in the door. Then you can show them how awesome you are.
6. Kick Ass in your job – Be unforgettable. Follow-up. Be unstoppable and learn as much as you can.
7. Start saving money and pay yourself first .
8. Learn more about investment and prioritize learning more about retirement — sure it’s far away but you have this incredible power called time.
9. Create a health routine to make you happier and healthier.
10. Give back and help others succeed to help them expand their network.
I’m here for YOU. I do this for YOU. I want to help YOU. So please reach out and let me know your questions – I was where you were not that long ago and I worked like hell to get where I am today. I want to give you the tools you need to be successful too.
Listen and subscribe to the podcast for more pro tips on career, money, health and happiness! Subscribe to the newsletter for pro tips directly to your inbox. If you need a bit of help to capture an edge, please reach out for individual coaching, resume revamp or anything.
Go kick ass!
Sign up & stay updated!
So you’ve been invited for an interview – great news. This is your chance to wow them, show them how awesome you are and snag that job.
You’ve been asking yourself what’s next for the past several months—wondering what will happen once you graduate. Now that you’ve graduated (or close to it), you’re eager to move into the job market. Welcome to the beginning, which is the hardest place to be. But begin we must. You are determined. You want to make…
If you are a May grad – don’t despair!! With only one month away, NOW is a great time to get all of your materials ready. Heck, you can even apply for jobs as you wait to graduate in May. Get in a state of readiness to be ready to kick ass in the job search.
You’ll have a lot of “teachable moments” when you’re first starting out. You might make mistakes as an intern. That’s ok. It’s uncomfortable to make a mistake.
The purpose of a cover letter is to express your interest in the opportunity and why you are perfect for the job.
So you have your sights set on working in a city you don’t live … yet. Great – that’s progress! You’ve identified where you’d like to live (this is better than most). Well done in making decisions – it’s a tough decision to make. Moving to a place you want to live IS doable —…
First thing is first – do you have your emergency fund? Those 6 months of an emergency savings account? You do? Excellent! Next – you’re ready to invest. Really? You’re thinking – but wait, I don’t make much money. I’m just starting out? How could I possibly be ready to invest? Sure sure, but the…
Struggling with what to write in your email for an informational interview? Fear no more. I share all dos/don’ts for how to reach out and get an informational interview that won’t annoy the other person. Instead, it will get them to say YES quickly so you can impress the hell out of them. One tip:…
If you are graduating in December, don’t freak out. This is the time to freak out. Don’t do it. You’ll be fine. In fact, you’ll be more than fine, you’ve got this. Each semester was preparing you for this moment. This moment when you’d be on your own, ready for what’s next. Yes, this is…
1. Don’t freak out 2. Your first job won’t be your dream job 3. Live in the city where you want to work. Move there. Do anything to get there. 4. Temp jobs are an option – be open to it. 5. Network like hell. Getting a job is not about WHAT you know. It’s…
Click here for more Quick Tips!