A Recent Grad
So you graduated – Congratulations! You’ve accomplished something major and you should be very proud. It’s only the beginning! Now for the exciting work of continuing to learn and getting your first job!
If you already have a job but don’t love it, don’t despair. You have many options too, and I’m here to help.
HOW TO KICK ASS IF YOU’RE A RECENT GRAD:
1. Figure out where you want to live. You may have to make a leap of faith and move there in order to get a job. It’s much easier to be living in the place you’re looking.
2. Be willing to just get started. You might need to temp for a while until you land on your feet.
3. Network like hell to make connections. Connections lead to job leads.
4. Get a job. It’s that obvious is it? Let me help you do this. We’ve got this.
5. If you can’t get a job right away, be open to finding an internship opportunity. It’s a foot in the door. Then you can show them how awesome you are.
6. Kick Ass in your job – Be unforgettable. Follow-up. Be unstoppable and learn as much as you can.
7. Start saving money and pay yourself first .
8. Learn more about investment and prioritize learning more about retirement — sure it’s far away but you have this incredible power called time.
9. Create a health routine to make you happier and healthier.
10. Give back and help others succeed to help them expand their network.
I’m here for YOU. I do this for YOU. I want to help YOU. So please reach out and let me know your questions – I was where you were not that long ago and I worked like hell to get where I am today. I want to give you the tools you need to be successful too.
Listen and subscribe to the podcast for more pro tips on career, money, health and happiness! Subscribe to the newsletter for pro tips directly to your inbox. If you need a bit of help to capture an edge, please reach out for individual coaching, resume revamp or anything.
Go kick ass!
Sign up & stay updated!
So you’ve been invited for an interview – great news. This is your chance to wow them, show them how awesome you are and snag that job.
If you are a May grad – don’t despair!! With only one month away, NOW is a great time to get all of your materials ready. Heck, you can even apply for jobs as you wait to graduate in May. Get in a state of readiness to be ready to kick ass in the job search.
You’ll have a lot of “teachable moments” when you’re first starting out. You might make mistakes as an intern. That’s ok. It’s uncomfortable to make a mistake.
The purpose of a cover letter is to express your interest in the opportunity and why you are perfect for the job.
So you have your sights set on working in a city you don’t live … yet. Great – that’s progress!…
First thing is first – do you have your emergency fund? Those 6 months of an emergency savings account? You…
Struggling with what to write in your email for an informational interview? Fear no more. I share all dos/don’ts for…
Click here for more Quick Tips!