1. Don’t freak out
2. Your first job won’t be your dream job
3. Live in the city where you want to work. Move there. Do anything to get there.
4. Temp jobs are an option – be open to it.
5. Network like hell. Getting a job is not about WHAT you know. It’s about WHO you know.
6. Be patient with yourself. This is not easy for anyone.
7. Have a great attitude. It shines in anything you do. Enthusiasm too.
8. Make your resume SHINE. Add color. Make it unique. Describe what you do.
9. It’s your race. Put your blinders on.
10. Learn to love rejection.
And kick ass!