Nissar Ahmed is a career guru. He runs Careermetis.com which offers resources for job seekers and freelancers including a podcast, tools, a job board and information to succeed in the job search.
Here are today’s top takeaways
- Skip the traditional process if you can. The job search is controlled by AR and Robots so the sooner you can get around them, the better. You can do your research to find out who the hiring manager is.
- Create a dream career, not a dream job. Even the dream jobs at companies where you may want to work have faults. So create your own opportunities through other Nissar’s best job was at a startup he had never heard of, which was the best experience and paved the path.
- If you’re interested in entrepreneurship, you’re never ready. It always takes longer than you expect. If they really wanted to pursue path. Start something on the side. Lack of pressure where you can then love what you do that you’ll want to do it day in and out for 7 days a week.
- Fall in love with the process. Fall in love with learning. Your current job you’re getting paid to learn, enjoy that process. Yes we would love the results but it’s important to love the process.
- We talked about sales – and how sales is solving someone else’s problem. Find ways you can utilize this idea in your next interview where you’re selling yourself.
How to sell anything
Tag Crowd – Create SEO for your resume, portfolio, LinkedIn Profile